Windows 2003 administrator password rejected

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 administrator password rejected

I have a Windows 2003 server installation on a client of mine and all of a sudden when I try and logon it says my password is invalid. There are only 4 users in the office and they all insist that nobody has touched or changed any passwords on the server. I know there are utilities around to reset the password, but my question is, how could this have happened? All other passwords remain untouched, even the Veritas Backup service account, as I am getting error notifications from the backup software because it cannot authenticate. This is something which has never happened to me before and I was wondering if anybody out there has ever had this problem.

Re: Windows 2003 administrator password rejected

Check the Security logs for any 628 ids for any successfull change of password. Make sure that the users dont have any admin rights on the domain.

Seems like you using the domain administrator account for backup exec service which is bad idea. There is a reason for backup operator group.

Comment

Re: Windows 2003 administrator password rejected

Backup Exec needs to be a domain admin account in order for it to backup/restore the System State data.
      Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Comment

Working...
      X