No announcement yet.

Windows 2003 and Dynamic DNS

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 and Dynamic DNS

I have a windows 2003 server and I have finished setting the DNS and AD, now I would like to remote to the system through VPN. I have linksys router and my internet provider is ATT. I do not have a static IP from my provider, so I can not set that part. So I would like some assistance in configuring my router and server so I can reach my server through VPN from any where. Your help is appriciate it.

Re: Windows 2003 and Dynamic DNS

I have not work on linksys routers but if your router supports any of these Dynamic DNS Services, or First you need to setup a free or paid account with any of these Services( mosts services provide free accounts). On router need to enter that same account credentials with the Dynamic DNS Services provider.

Or you can (know with download the client update program for windows. Setup is similarly.

If you have and hope u do (maybe router or windows) have a firewall, you will need to allow vpn pass through (IPsec, PPTP ,L2TP depend on what access you will provide). You can find alot of documentation on the web how to setup Routing and Remote Access on Server 2003. Or use your router if it supports VPN access.

VPN setup on Server 2003

Hope This help.