Windows 2000 Server problems, won't broadcast beyond my router

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2000 Server problems, won't broadcast beyond my router

I've tested my my router and have port fowarding set up correctly, I know i have some problem set up with my Windows 2000 server wrong

When I connect to it outside of the router, I can't get in, but when I connect within the network, no problem. Any suggestions on a setting they might be wrong

69.134.148.31 is the ip address.

Also my internet provider blocks no ports

Re: Windows 2000 Server problems, won't broadcast beyond my router

How are you trying to connect to it? HTTP, RDP, Telnet, RPC, etc., etc.

Comment

I've tried Remote Desktop Connection and http

Comment

Maybe you should tell us some more info????
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I really don't know what else to say

The website works while in the connection, the only thing we really touched is my room mate set up a static router ip by doing it through the box, and not the router.

Comment

Can you post
            a) IPCONFIG /ALL from the server
            b) Router IP configurations (LAN side)
            c) Router Port Forwarding configuration
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Comment

Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Someone said it might be the built in firewall in windows 2000, how do I turn it off?

Comment

Start>Control Panel>Windows Firewall (might only be on server 2003) otherwise it will be
                    Start>Control Panel>Network Connections>LAN>right click to properties - it should be in that vincinity. (could be wrong)

Have you configured DNS so users from the outside world can see your server?
                    also
                    Forward TCP/UDP for 80
                    and RDC runs over 3389 not 2389 (note that for RDC to work you will need your server to have terminal services started and an associated user to login with)

What it is that you are trying to accomplish? host website/ftp?
                    J

Comment

I do have terminal services on as I can RDC in the network, there is no firewall on 2000 and I already fixed my 3389 port, also I'm trying to host a website.

Comment

To host your website you are going to have to configure DNS for the outside world to translate www.yourwebsite.com to your global IP. Once you are able to ping your server by name and get it resolved to your IP from the outside world you will have to setup your site in IIS / APP that has extension capability (like vertigo) (for PHP/ASP/ect) and RDC should start working.

You will also need to register your domain for it to work (www.godaddy.com) and create NS servers, ect. Instead of port forwarding why not just set the server as DMZ in the router so it forwards everything to it until you get everything working - then tweak your router afterwards.

Comment

I understand, but I have to get the webserver working first before I set up a DNS server.

Comment

Configure DNS on the webserver . . . Unless you plan on having someone host your domain.

Comment

How do I configure it?

Comment

Working...
                              X