Replication in Windows 2003 Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replication in Windows 2003 Server

Hi, please guide me to enable replication on Windows 2003 server. Im planning to build a PDC and want to replicate everything to BDC so that if PDC fails then BDC automatically take its place. Im not sure if BDC concept is there in 2003 but thats what i want to do. please help...

Re: Replication in Windows 2003 Server

PDC/BDC don't really exist in Active Directory domain. There is a PDC server but thats mainly for backwards compatability with older NT Servers. This is typically the first domain controller in a domain. Google FSMO Roles if your interested in this.

If you install the new server as an additional domain controller then everything will replicate on its own. This includes login scripts etc. I recommend installing AD intergrated DNS server on both servers. Setup your client PC's to use the IP of both servers for their DNS name resolution. This way if the first server falls over the PC's will still be able to find the domain.
    Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Comment

Re: Replication in Windows 2003 Server

Thanks ]SK[ for the help. I am in a process to build our server if i found any confusion i will let you know.

Comment

Working...
      X