2003 tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 tools

Ive installed the resourse tools for 2003 from the 2003 standard CD and off the MS site

It seems that there not complete, i mentioned in a previous post netdom doesn't work. I had to download it onto the server as an add on.
    why are these not automatically installed when installing the tool pack, others work such as dcdiag etc..

when I loaded netdom from this site it worked fine so is there another tool pack which is more comprehensive?

I saw this behaviour myself, and I found out that there are actually 2 different Reskit Tools out there. One is complete with all tools, the other fails to install some tools such as NETDON, ADSIEDIT and so on.

I'll try to find out more.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

thanks, and thanks again to this site, I downloaded these tools independantly and can now do what I want.

Comment

Tell me, what's the size difference, the version number, and the download source for both versions of the files?
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

it was at a remote site (not able to access remotely either)and is where the CD is kept, it was however the 2003 standard edition VLE, sorry I can't be of any help, the version I downloaded was from microsoft and it worked.

Comment

Working...
          X