Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wsus 3.0

HI,

I have one wsus 3.0 installed in my network , but since few days before , I am facing a problem that my computer are showing in compter group , then I unistall WSUS and reinstalled it with existing database , but problem is still persist ..

Please suggest some solutions.

Regards
    Sunil

Re: Wsus 3.0

More details please!

Do you mean a computer doesnt show in the "Computers" section of WSUS?
    If so, check it is picking up the WSUS server through group policy (you are in a domain, aren't you?)

Reinstalling WSUS without proper troubleshooting really is a bad idea!

Tell us: WSUS environment - server OS, db, domain/wg
    Workstation environment -- OS / patch
    Any relevany errors / events?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for reply.
      All computers are now disappeared from the computers group.
      Installed wsus version is 3.0 on windows 2003 server and the server is a member of domain.
      I am also not able to open web console using http://<servername>/wsusadmin:8530.
      Database is SQL 2005, no errors related with WSUS , I also checked event viewer for same but I didn't found any errors there.

Please suggest some solution.

Thanks
      Sunil

Comment

Did you try the console using http://<servername>/wsusadmin:80 as you appear to have reinstalled it the port may have reverted to 80.

But as Ossian say, more details. We know nothing about your setup except you have WSUS 3 and SQL 2005 and then we don't know if it is full SQL 2005 or the MSDE version. D E T A I L S ! ! !
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks for Reply

Now I can see my computers in computer group.
          But one problem is still there that my web console is not opening using :
          http://<servername>/WSUSAdmin:8530/ as I had select the option to create another site for wsus on port 8530.
          And my SQL 2005 is full version.

Thanks
          Sunil

Comment

hello

wsus 3.0 can open with mmc

Comment

I dont think WSUS 3 has a web admin console anymore!
              As suggested, use the MMC tool
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

But at the time of installation it always ask to create another site for WSUS which will use port 8530.

Sunil

Comment

That is the update site -- the web address clients use to connect to WSUS to receive the updates

Not the same as the admin tool
                  Tom Jones
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

Working...
                  X