Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing to windows 2000 native mode

Hello All,

I have a windows 2000 domain with multiple child domains under it. Currently all domains are still is mixed mode. I would like to change the root domain to native. My question is if I change the root domain does this then make the change for the child domains under it? Or will I have to change all the child domains as well and reboot servers? or can I have the root domain on native and the child domains on mixed?

Also does anybody know of any issues caused from changing to native mode

Thankyou for your help and guidance

Re: Changing to windows 2000 native mode

I have a windows 2000 domain with multiple child domains under it. Currently all domains are still is mixed mode. I would like to change the root domain to native. My question is if I change the root domain does this then make the change for the child domains under it?
    IIRC - no, you will have to raise the domain functional level for each domain seperately and I don't think you need a reboot.

or can I have the root domain on native and the child domains on mixed?
    That should be fine but you wont be able to raise the forest functional level to 2000 native if your domains are mixed.

Hope this helps

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X