No announcement yet.

yahoo! messenger permissions on windows server 2003 restricted user accounts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yahoo! messenger permissions on windows server 2003 restricted user accounts

I have encountered a small problem when a restricted user launches yahoo! messenger on windows server 2003 and certain features of the program do not load properly as they do with the administrator accounts.

I believe it has something to do with adobe flash because it seems it's just certain flash features that the messenger depends on that aren't enabled when the restricted user starts the program so I'd like to ask if there's a way to edit the permissions for yahoo! messenger or the restricted user account so that when the restricted user starts the program, all the features are enabled correctly.

Thanks in advance for your help and I'm looking forward to any advice you wish to provide.

Regards,

IKG

Re: yahoo! messenger permissions on windows server 2003 restricted user accounts

It may not be intentional, but your post reads like a user has logged onto Windows 2003 Server and is trying to run Yahoo Messenger. Is this correct or is the user trying to run Yahoo Messenger from the workstation on a network that is running Windows 2003 Server?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: yahoo! messenger permissions on windows server 2003 restricted user accounts

Hi biggles77,

The restricted user is using Windows 2003 Server as well but unfortunately only users with administrator rights have full access to the program.

It isn't a case of the flash not running properly in the restricted user account as I originally thought and it's down to providing the restricted user with higher access rights to the yahoo! messenger program alone that would probably sort this out. However, I'm not sure how that is done correctly so if you have any suggestions I'd be very grateful.

Comment

Windows 2003 Server should NOT be used as a workstation. Move the user to a machine where the appropriate permissions can be given.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I agree with you biggles77 and it's better to do this by moving the restricted user to a different machine altogether and set up access rights that way.

I have placed the restricted user on a workstation using Windows XP SP2 now and I would like to know how to apply the permissions correctly so that the messenger on that machine works properly despite limitations of the user account.

Comment

Working...
          X