No announcement yet.

Stop Error Problem 0x0000008e

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Error Problem 0x0000008e

I am having an issue with an HP Blade Server. The serve ris running windows 2003 with latest service pack. This particualr server reboots automatically at 7:59pm on Wensdays. When i check the EVent Viewer i notice the server has been loggin the following PlugPlayManager warnings every 2 mins for a couple of days then the server crash at 7:59pm Wensday;
    Source: Plugplay manager
    Event ID: 257
    Timed out sending notification of target device change to window of "C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE"

When the server reboots it log the following Save Dump Evnt;
    Source: Save Dump
    Event ID: 1001
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0x80934392, 0xb7ab5ba4, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.

The only ifo i am getting from the dump files are; possible casue ntkramp.exe

BugCheck 8E, {c0000005, 80934392, b7ab5ba4, 0}
    PEB is paged out (Peb.Ldr = 7ffdf00c). Type ".hh dbgerr001" for details
    PEB is paged out (Peb.Ldr = 7ffdf00c). Type ".hh dbgerr001" for details
    Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!ObpCloseHandleTableEntry+16 )
    Followup: MachineOwner

Some google search have pointed to either bad memory or symantec AV problem but not definate anwsers.
    Does anyone have any clues.

Re: Stop Error Problem 0x0000008e

Symantec AV has known issues same as in your case.

So I would recommened you to disable all the Symantec related Services for couple of days so that we can be sure that AV is causing the problem.

If still there would be issues after disabling the AV then we might have the issues then we might have to go for re-installation.

Kapil Sharma
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Re: Stop Error Problem 0x0000008e

It is unhandled kernel-mode exception, by described parameters it is access violation bug.
      Some driver in your Windows is buggy, or maybe you have some driver not up-to-date, check the newest versions of all your drivers which you installed for your hardware. Maybe it can help.