Performance monitor Alerter not able to run a program

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance monitor Alerter not able to run a program

Hi, I am having a little problem getting Performance monitor to run a program when an alert is fired. On the action tab of the alert I have checked "Log an entry in the application event log" and "Run this program". The program I am trying to run is just a simple .cmd file that just creates a simple test file (test.txt). If I run the .cmd file by clicking on it, it works fine. But the alerter never runs it even though it writes to the event log. I have started the "alerter" service under services but that made no diffrence. I also took out all the command line arguments. I have tried this on 3 computers, 2 running XP and one running W2003 server. Has anyone any idea on how make the performance monitor start another program when an alert goes off?

BR Bjarni

Re: Performance monitor Alerter not able to run a program

just looking at exactly the same thing at the moment.

watching task manager it shows the cmd file is running... but not that i can see it...

Ideally I wanted to get performance monitor to e-mail me when it hit a level - tried looking at the scripted/cmd email tools on this site but none of them are working - although i cant even get it to show me a vbs msgbox at the moment
    Last edited by Lan; 1st May 2008, 15:38.
    This is my signature.

Comment

Working...
    X