No announcement yet.

NTBackup failed but no errors shown.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTBackup failed but no errors shown.

Hi All

I'm running a 2003 server (SP2) and is just a file server and also has WDS on. The domain is 2000.

I have a problem with ntbackup in that it keeps failing (but not every day)
    I originally had it set up as managed with a 4 weekly rotation of tapes but after alot of problems reverted to un-managed and it seems to work ok with the odd exception.

This is the backup script from last Friday which failed. I have checked it against the Thursday script (which worked) and found nothing missing or added.
    I'm not too sure if the way I turned it to un-managed is causing this intermittent problem, I added </p "4mm DDS" /um> to the end of the line on all jobs
    There are also no errors shown in the event log it shows the individual jobs starting and finishing successfully even though the do so within a minute. The other thing is that the job fails to create a report of any kind not even failed markers on the job.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntbackup.exe backup "@C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\NTBackup\data\Friday Blue.bks" /n "FRIDAY BLUE" /d "Friday Blue" /v:no /r:no /rs:no /hcn /m normal /j "Friday Blue" /l:s /p "4mm DDS" /um

Any ideas welcome
    The Univurse is still winning!

W2K AD, WSUS, RIS 2003. ISA also AVG Server
    ** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **