Need Help With Server2003 Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help With Server2003 Question

Hello i have video sreaming from my windows 2003 server i enable user authentication plug-in and i seu up users to view the stream but I want to restrict a single user to view.. in other words

I want lets say 172.12.3.4 to see the server which is 172.12.3.6 using a username live password tv

what i dont want is for that user to give his password to someone else to use. so where could i go in active directory to see those permissions?

PLEASE HELP

Re: Need Help With Server2003 Question

Please read the forum rules and use a meaningful title for your post.
    Need Help with Server covers too much ground!
    Reported to admins / mods

Active Directory can do many things, but it cannot prevent a user telling someone else their password! Maybe you should consider biometric authentication
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Need Help With Server2003 Question

I take it you have set everything up and just wish to limit who can access the stream at this stage?

You might want to have a look at secpol.msc, right click on the IP Security Policies and Select Manage. And you can look at building a filter to do as you require. If doing this you will have to consider how it will impact other users.

The configuration of this goes something like:
      Build a Filter List from NetA to NetB
      1. In the new policy properties, click to clear the Use Add Wizard check box, and then click Add to create a new rule.
      2. Click the IP Filter List tab, and then click Add.
      3. Type an appropriate name for the filter list, click to clear the Use Add Wizard check box, and then click Add.
      4. In the Source address box, click A specific IP Subnet, and then type the IP Address and Subnet maskto for NetA.
      5. In the Destination address box, click A specific IP Subnet, and then type the IP Address and Subnet mask for NetB.
      6. Click to clear the Mirrored check box.
      7. Click the Protocol tab. Make sure that the protocol type is set to Any, because IPSec tunnels do not support protocol-specific or port-specific filters.
      8. If you want to type a description for your filter, click the Description tab. It is generally a good idea to give the filter the same name that you used for the filter list. The filter name appears in the IPSec monitor when the tunnel is active.
      9. Click OK.

Build a Filter List from NetB to NetA
      1. Click the IP Filter List tab, and then click Add.
      2. Type an appropriate name for the filter list, click to clear the Use Add Wizard check box, and then click Add.
      3. In the Source address box, click A specific IP Subnet, and then type the IP Address and Subnet mask for NetB.
      4. In the Destination address box, click A specific IP Subnet, and then type the IP Address and Subnet mask for NetA.
      5. Click to clear the Mirrored check box.
      6. If you want to type a description for your filter, click the Description tab.
      7. Click OK.
      From Microsoft KB.

Hope it helps some.
      I don't know anything about (you or your) computers.
      Research/test for yourself when listening to free advice.

Comment

Working...
      X