Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Joining Issue

Hi Daniel!

I am facing a very hard problem related to joining domain at client side as attach in this Email

DNS Server is working properly after to verify the command nslookup as well as RID Mater role

I will be very thankfull to ur solution for this error

Regards

Fatima
    Attached Files

Re: Domain Joining Issue

Fatima,

Please do not double post in these forums. You posts were 10mins apart with different text. Please take 14 days to re-read the forum rules:

http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=25

I've left the post open for incase anyone wants to reply

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Which server holds the RID Master role? Is it accessible from the workstation you are trying to join with?

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

I removed the ban after the user emailed me and said it was a mistake. Do not do it next time.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Stonelaughter!

Thanks for reply me as well as to Daniel Petri also!

The server which holds the RID Master role is Windows 2000 Adv. Server & it is main domain controller for the 400 network nodes, This domain controller holds the following services DHCP, DNS, Home Directory & Disk Quota, All the workstation is login through this DC but the workstation which should be join to domain is giving the error "The directory service was unable to allocate a relative identifier" when attempting to join domain.

Regards

Fatima

Comment

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839879

This was the top link in this

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Comment

Stonelaughter!

I have tried from the suggested soln but the problem is still exist, Do u have alternate soln?

Fatima

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
              http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839879

This was the top link in this

Comment

You've clicked my "GOOGLE" banner above, and tried ALL the solutions you found there? Good gracious you work quickly.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                X