Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to track OWA logon attempts?

Hi,

I have had a request to track logon attempts from a particular user who may have accessed their OWA mailbox.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Many thanks in advance.

Owen

Re: How to track OWA logon attempts?

Hi Owen,

Open up event viewer > security on the exchange server and select View > find and enter your users name. Depending on your log size and when your user logged on, you should have some idea from there.

Hope this helps.

Comment

You can also search for the username in the W3SVC log files on the Exchange server.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks, I have looked in the W3SVC3 folder in winnt\system32\logfiles and it is empty.

Looking on IIS, looks like default website logs to W3SVC1 folder. There are lots of daily log files in there, but they all look like OMA logs. Does OWA log to the same place?

Where do I go to check this?

Also, is there any way to control the number of logs created in the W3SVC folder to limit the folder growing and utilizing my C:\ drive space.

Thanks for your help

Owen
        Last edited by oguest; 16th October 2007, 11:10. Reason: amendment to text

Comment

OMA, OWA, RPC over HTTP, and Activesync all should log to the W3SVC1 folder. As a test log in using OWA and then search the log for your username. As far as housekeeping on the log files, I don't know of any automatic way to do this but I have a monthly recurring Outlook task to manually delete the log files. I keep the most current 30 days of logs and delete the rest. I do this with all my web servers.

Comment

Hi,

OK, many thanks for your help.

Regards

Owen

Comment

Working...
            X