No announcement yet.

DNS on DCs with public IPs no firewall

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS on DCs with public IPs no firewall

I am wondering if I am getting into some trouble with this scenario. I have some servers that I will be loading Server 2003 on. This network does not have NAT or a firewall. All IPs are publicly accessible. This domain will not be at the root of my name space, it will be ... for example. My name servers that I will be forwarding to are running BSD. Anyway, I just want to know if setting up a domain where all servers and clients are neither behind NAT nor firewall is going to cause me problems. I kinda feel like this is a stupid question, but I thought I would give it a shot anyway. Just tryin to get some feedback.

It won't cause any "problems". If I were you I'd be concerned about security, especially since the box will be directly exposed to the internet.

At the very least you should activate Win XP/2003's built-in firewall and open the ports needed for installed services.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **