Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win2k3Server Standard x64 installed with Win2k3Server x86 Retail license strings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2k3Server Standard x64 installed with Win2k3Server x86 Retail license strings

Hi,

I have to install Windows Server 2003 R2 x64(64 bits) from volume licensing CD, but licensing strings are from Windows Server 2003 R2 x86 Retail/OEM version(32 bits). Local retailer suggested that it's perfectly legal. Is it possible? I think registration/activation will be rejected, as long as Win2k3Servers (x86 vs. x64) are different products . Thanks for future clarifications .

Re: Win2k3Server Standard x64 installed with Win2k3Server x86 Retail license strings

You need to talk to Microsoft, just to make sure.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Re: Win2k3Server Standard x64 installed with Win2k3Server x86 Retail license strings

Different product and different keys. I would bet it will give you a problem. Do it right the first time unless of course you want extra install practice.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X