No announcement yet.

Printmig problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printmig problem

I'm using the printmig (3.1) application in order to backup all of the printers in our printer cluster. The backup takes place every week with a script.

In the pm.log of the printmig I see "2007:10:06 17:00:41 243 print queues enumerated", which is the exact number of printers that we have.

I took the CAB file and used the restore option in the lab, in the pm.log I see "2007:10:08 15:29:01 172 print queues enumerated", so I have 71 printers missing...

The printer cluster name in the lab is different than the one in the production environment, but as far as I know it does not matter since the printmig application is for migrations of this kind.

There are no errors during the backup or the restore.
    there are no warnings of any kind in the Event Viewer or any err logs anywhere.

Both of the servers are 2003 stn.

Where are the lost 71 printers???

Anyone has a clue?

Re: Printmig problem

nothing at all?

Re: Printmig problem

are the printers you lost possibly hooked up thru a client station?

maybe the machine isnt turned on...

past that, i am not familiar enough with the application you are using.

my advice would be to call the manufacturer (m$) and submit a helpdesk ticket, detailing your problem with a copy of the error logs. maybe the m$ technet forums...

i know that printmig is a microsoft tool, but it isnt mainstream enough for me to be able to help you... sorry.

its not that people dont want to help or we couldnt figure it out, its that we cant always pinpoint the areas of failure in a situation like this.. too many variables and not enough specifics. the reason could have to do with anything, from application compatibility to network device failure...

good luck!
      Last edited by James Haynes; 9th October 2007, 17:02.
      its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
      Give karma where karma is due...