No announcement yet.

Microsoft Network Load Balancer, two ip's?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Network Load Balancer, two ip's?

I have two web servers running the network load balancing with a shared ip address. However, i have another site that I want to load balance. How can you load balance two ip addresses?

Re: Microsoft Network Load Balancer, two ip's?

If you have the DNS records you could add round robin and create two entries (for two ip addresses) with the same domain name.

Re: Microsoft Network Load Balancer, two ip's?

This white paper is an overview of clustering technologies as they relate to Web servers, specifically Microsoft® Internet Information Server (IIS), Windows Clustering, Microsoft Windows® 2000 Advanced Server Network Load Balancing (NLB), Microsoft Windows NT® Load Balancing Service (WLBS), and other industry standards as they are defined by their associated Request for Comments (RFC) documents.

This white paper describes different techniques for implementing your highly available Internet presence.

This white paper assumes that you are familiar with Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0, Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server, Internet Information Server, Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and Domain Name System (DNS). You should also be familiar with the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and Request for Comments (RFC).
      its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
      Give karma where karma is due...