Email and GroupMembership using DSAdd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email and GroupMembership using DSAdd

we have to create about 20 -30 users on our 2003 domain every week. Each user had different requirement (few user needs email, few user dont, for some of the user I need to set expiration date for the account. If there is better way to do this than please let me know.

I have being successfull so far using dsadd. But few things are not working for me.

With the below script I cannot add user to groups
    I would also like to know on how to assign mailbox to user (we have two Exch Virtual Server).
    How to create account with status enable? with below script he account is disabled by default.

dsadd user cn=bp,ou=NewUsers,dc=zhc,DC=Botsford,dc=org -upn [email protected] -display bp -pwd [email protected] -mustchpwd yes -hmdir \\ntuser\users\$username$ -hmdrv H: -fn Bhavin -ln Patel -mi K -email [email protected] -memberof "cn=BGH Residents,ou=Existing Groups,ou=BGH Application Groups,dc=zhc,dc=botsford,dc=org" -title "Network Administrator" -office Doctor -pager 7348 -desc "Network Admin"

Re: Email and GroupMembership using DSAdd

I am now able to add users to the group, I miss-spelled the name of the group.
    I also got accoutnexpire to work using -acctexpires never
    and
    -disabled no

now I need help on how to create mail box for user and if there is a better way to make this work, please let me know

Comment

Re: Email and GroupMembership using DSAdd

I found out that I cannot add mailbox using dsadd.
      Now my only question which remains un-answered is how can I add users to multiple groups using dsadd?

here's what I have tried so far?
      dsadd user cn=bp,ou=NewUsers,dc=zhc,DC=Botsford,dc=org -upn [email protected] -display bp -pwd [email protected] -mustchpwd yes -hmdir \\ntuser\users\$username$ -hmdrv H: -fn Bhavin -ln Patel -mi K -email [email protected] -memberof "cn=BH Residents,ou=Existing Groups,ou=BH Application Groups,dc=zhc,dc=botsford,dc=org;cn=3 North,ou=Existing Groups,ou=BH Application Groups,dc=zhc,dc=botsford,dc=org" -title "Network Administrator" -office Doctor -pager 7348 -desc "Administers BGH Network" -disabled no -acctexpires never

Comment

Working...
      X