User name change in Windows 2003/Exchange 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User name change in Windows 2003/Exchange 2003

A coworker recently got married and I need to change her name and email in Active Directory. We are running Standard Server 2003, and Exchange 2003. Can anyone tell me the correct steps to follow?

I'd also like to maintain her old email address but keep her new email address the default...

thanks.

Re: User name change in Windows 2003/Exchange 2003

In Active Directory Users and Computers (For Exchange) right-click the user, and select "Rename". Follow the wizard. When that's complete, double-click the user, click on the "Email Addresses" tab, add the new address, click it, and select "Set as Primary". (Or is it set as default? Can never remember).

Hey presto - all done.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Are the changes immediate? If I'm using Outlook 2003 - will it take sometime to show the new changes?
        I changed everything on the Server and created a new profile on the PC with the new name - however, emails are still being sent from their old email address. I did change their primary email address too.

Comment

Working...
        X