Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• export users from 2000 to 2003

Dear all,
    I have one primary domain and 2 additional on windows 2000 server and one as exchange 2003. Now I want to buy new 3 servers and want to install windows 2003 server on all 3 new servers.
    I want to do a new forest and new domain on 2003 and take all (users, groups, permissions, passwords and .....) from old one to new one.
    What is the best way to do it.
    I found a lot of ways but I need one so simple and easy I don't corrupt the old one. Any help.

Re: export users from 2000 to 2003

ADMT

https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...displaylang=en

The Active Directory Migration Tool version 3 (ADMT v3) simplifies the process of restructuring your operating environment to meet the needs of your organization. You can use ADMT v3 to migrate users, groups, and computers from Microsoft® Windows NT® 4.0 domains to Active Directory® directory service domains; between Active Directory domains in different forests (interforest migration); and between Active Directory domains in the same forest (intraforest migration). ADMT v3 also performs security translation from Windows NT 4.0 domains to Active Directory domains and between Active Directory domains in different forests.

Comment

Thank you very much,
      I will try this and will tell you what will happen .

Comment

hi,
        I couldn't export Active Directory using ADMT v3. Could you please explain me how to use it. I found ADMT v3 Migration Guide but it's too long and no thing useful .
        Could you please . I need to export all active directory Data users and their passwords and so on……

Comment

Do you have your new domain setup yet??

Have you setup a trust??

Its been a long time since i used it but you need to do these thing before you can export you exisitng AD.

I know the manuals are long but you need to read them to get anywhere with this tool. As i've said its been a long long time since i used it so i forget bits an bobs about it that will be in the manuals.

Comment

depending on the size of your setup..if you want the users, groups, permissions and passwords, then you are going to have to use ADMT, which may take you a while to master.

i decided against it and just used csvde with a few options and i was able to extract all of the users and groups...i then set the permissions again and it was time for all users to change their passwords anyway.

good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X