Mapping drives on an FTP server; 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping drives on an FTP server; 2003

i musta missed something... cause i cannot seem to map a drive for the life of me.

i have an FTP server. it contains folders that outside orgs post image files to. my partner is using bulletproofFTP to manage FTP users.

i would like to have internal users connected to this folder as well, so that they may view the files being posted.

in the internal users batch file, there is a line to connect them to one of these folders:
    net use X: \\gamma\FTP TCATS

when this command is run from the batch file, i get either a bad user name or password, or the network path cannot be found.

the part im a little lost on... i can manually map the drive as a domain user from the Tools>Map Network Drive wizard, and i can browse the share in "my computer" but i cannot map it via the command prompt with a 'net use X: \\blah' command.

so what did i miss? the permissions on the folder are identical to the server hosting the home folders... what gives?
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Re: Mapping drives on an FTP server; 2003

You have a space in your directory name and that is causing the net use statement to fail. Enclose the UNC path in quotes, as in:

net use X: "\\gamma\FTP TCATS"

Comment

joeqwerty, if you lived in jacksonville id by you a steak at ruth chris'

instead, ill just have to give you some karma points.

thanks for pointing out the obvious... i was actually reaching the same conclusion with an ethereal capture. i could see the share name passed was 'FTP' and not 'FTP TCATS' as it should have been.

tight work boy!
      its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
      Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

YW. Glad I could help. Steak sounds good. I'll look you up when I'm in the neighborhood. LOL.

Comment

Working...
        X