IE7 and DC's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE7 and DC's

What's the general consensus of IE7 on domain controllers (those running DNS, DHCP, etc).

Re: IE7 and DC's

Dont see any issues. Windows 2008 ships with IE7 and all my test server DC's are running IE7 and I haven't ecountered any issues.

Why are you looking to upgrade? Just improved security or do you actually use your DC to browse web sites

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Microsoft tick me off putting web browsers, media players and other such nonsense on Server OS's. They shouldn't be there. I'm not even convinced that there needs to be a GUI at all on a server - you can download stuff to install on the box on other machines and you can play MP3's on your workstation. Servers = minimalist IMO... give them the absolute minimum they need to do their primary function.

First time I log into a domain controller and it says "Setting up personalised settings for Internet Explorer 6" I always think it's a terrible waste of CPU, hard disk space, RAM and time. And therefore money.

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
        I'm not even convinced that there needs to be a GUI at all on a server.
        That's where Windows 2008 Server Core running as a DC is going to ROCK!!!

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X