No announcement yet.

Deny CD Recording via GPO

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deny CD Recording via GPO

Good Morning,

I need to deny CD Record on my clients via GPO. Someone has applied this solution? How can I do that solution?

Re: Deny CD Recording via GPO

If you have Microsoft Windows Vista clients you may Manage CD/DVD write access by enabling the following group policy object:

Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>System>Removable Storage Access>CD and DVD: Deny Write Access.

However, in Microsoft Windows XP Professional you are only able to disable the CD Recording feature that is built into the operating system by enabling the following group policy object setting:

User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Windows Explorer>Remove CD Burning Features

If you are using a third party application this will not deny write access. If you do not use third party applications, you could use the above option with Microsoft Windows XP Professional workstations, and combined with Software Restriction Policies to prevent third party applications from being installed may provide a solution for yourself.

You may purchase third party applications to manage removable devices, For Example GFI End Point Security.
    MCSA 2000/2003