How to change domain user password from client machine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change domain user password from client machine

I am the system administrator of institute. There I am using a windows2003 server which playing the role of domain server and 85 windows XP professional machine as a client. I have add all the machine as the domain member and create 85 user in domain. All is working fine but the problem is that I am not able to set the permission to change the user password trough by the user on his machine. How particular user change his user password on his machin.
    Parvinder Singh
    (System Administrator)
    Institute of Productivity & Management
    Pallavpuram Meerut
    UP

Re: How to change domain user password from client machine

If they press CTRL + Alt + Del keys after logging in there should be an optiont to change their password. They need to enter their old password and then enter their new password twice.

Is this what your looking for?

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: How to change domain user password from client machine

Or do you mean the user hasn't permission to change their password?
      In Active Directory User and Computers if you right click on the user object you should get an option to reset the password. To check if the user can change their own password right click on the user and select Properties, go to the Account tab and in the Account Options there should be an option to Allow the user to change password.
      I don't know anything about (you or your) computers.
      Research/test for yourself when listening to free advice.

Comment

Working...
      X