Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Required DNS for 2 websites / single IP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Required DNS for 2 websites / single IP?

I am attempting to host two separate sites on a Windows Server 2k3 box. I purchased both the domain names from godaddy.com, and using the nameservers provided and I have both the host setting pointing towards my IP address. Each site is setup in the IIS manager with host headers

Site 1 loads without a problem
    Site 2 still points to the "parked" page by GoDaddy

Am I missing something? Is the error with the registrar or with my server configuration? Do I need to create my own nameserver setups on my box here?
    They keep getting younger, don't they baby...

Compaq Presario PC: Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard / Intel Celeron 2.6 ghz / 1 gb RAM
    HP m7470n Media Center PC: Windows XP Pro Media Center 2005 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ 2.19 ghz / 2 gb RAM
    Toshiba Satellite M35 Special Edition: Windows XP Pro SP2 / Intel Pentium M 1.70 ghz / 1 gb RAM
    Gateway FMC-901 Media Center PC Windows XP Pro Media Center 2005 / Intel Pentium 4 3.0 ghz / 512 mb RAM

Re: Required DNS for 2 websites / single IP?

It sounds like a DNS problem to me. Did you say that GoDaddy is hosting the DNS for both domains? What are the domains and what are the web site URL's?

Comment

In looking for my domain information, I just realized that GoDaddy has you set your IP in two different places. Once on the "domain control" page, and again on the "total DNS control panel". Updating one does not update the other.

I feel somewhat stupid right now.
      They keep getting younger, don't they baby...

Compaq Presario PC: Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard / Intel Celeron 2.6 ghz / 1 gb RAM
      HP m7470n Media Center PC: Windows XP Pro Media Center 2005 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ 2.19 ghz / 2 gb RAM
      Toshiba Satellite M35 Special Edition: Windows XP Pro SP2 / Intel Pentium M 1.70 ghz / 1 gb RAM
      Gateway FMC-901 Media Center PC Windows XP Pro Media Center 2005 / Intel Pentium 4 3.0 ghz / 512 mb RAM

Comment

You shouldn't feel stupid because they have a poor interface. I have seen many hosting companies using poor management interfaces for customers. Each one seems to use their own terms and verbage for doing things like adding A records, MX records, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X