A new profile is created, after logon in a domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new profile is created, after logon in a domain

Hi, all, now iam experimenting a strange problem. I have a domain with about 1100 workstation with Windows 2000 with SP4 and office 97, all machines are up to date with WSUS. The problem is in some machines where a new profile is created. For example, i have my pc with my profile created, everyday I logon to this workstation, if I logon with my account: domain\jcordova a new profile is created like that jcordova.domain. My default profile (the first) is jcordova, then when a new profile is created is jcordova.domain. and the domain is the NetBIOS name of my domain. Have anyone has idea of this issue. My domain is with Windows 2003 Enterprise SP1 DC, and my domain level is 2000 mixt.

Re: A new profile is created, after logon in a domain

I didn't know this myself until recently but it is normal behaviour.

Originally posted by Rems View Post
    This happens when a user profile is re-created, or same username but different local SIDs (changing the computer's role in the network can cause this)

more about this:
    http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=16464
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=228445
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=269378

This is an expected behavior and nothing have to fixed afterwards.

\Rems
    I don't know anything about (you or your) computers.
    Research/test for yourself when listening to free advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Maebe View Post
      I didn't know this myself until recently but it is normal behaviour.
      Hi, is the second time that i see this problem, the first time was in a migration in a other organization. But the duplicate of profile is rare.

If u said that is a normal behavior do u have some KB of MS about it?, When i called to support Premier they dont help me enough for this problem.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I was distracted, thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by jacppe View Post
          i have my pc with my profile created, everyday I logon to this workstation, if I logon with my account: domain\jcordova a new profile is created like that jcordova.domain.
          My default profile (the first) is jcordova, then when a new profile is created is jcordova.domain
          A new name for the user's personal folder -> like: jcordova.domain.008 (where the number is up counting every time). Did this happens once or twice or is it happening every day?

When it does happen very often, and you are sure the computer's name or network-role has not changed that time, then a possible cause could be that the system is not able to dis-engage from the profile when you logoff. Try to find out why that is happening, check the event logs for profile problems. And make sure that no personal folders in your profile are shared over the network and can be in use bij others than you Self when logging-off.

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
          and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

hello

first thing to troubleshot this kind of issue is to activate the userenv.log

How to enable user environment debug logging in retail builds of ...
            Note If you set UserEnvDebugLevel to 0x00010002, the most verbose details are logged in the Userenv.log file. The log file is written to the %Systemroot%\Debug\UserMode\Userenv.log ...

support.microsoft.com/kb/221833

log with a user for who the issue is happening

and send to here the output log file userenv.log

cheers..

MIgueg

Comment

Working...
            X