Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to shared drive behind a firewall

Hello friends,

I got some problem and I need your expertise in helping me with this matter.The situation is like this:

- Our company got 2 branches and we are connected to each other via VPN that is configured within the routers.With these we can share printers/files everything easily as if we are in the same LAN.
    - The other network part are using the 192.168.0.x ip range and the other part are using 10.3.0.x range.
    - We have no problem accessing shares to a machine that don't have firewall but we can't access the one with firewall at all.The firewall mentioned here is the builtin windows firewall.
    -The machine we are trying to access is a windows 2003 server and it got it's builtin firewall activated.
    -Local users in the same area as the server can access it with no problem but users from the other side(connected via VPN) can't access the share at all.

So the question is,how can we configure the server firewall to allow us to access the shared resources?

Thank you for your time and expertise.

Re: Access to shared drive behind a firewall

Can u share current Firewall configuration of Server & Workstations?
    Cheers!!
    MCSE 2003,MCSA- Messaging 2003, VCP

Comment

Here's my configurations,I think we need to add something in the custom list isn't it?

Comment

You have chosen scope as My Network(Subnet) Only.

Change it to Any Computer or use custom list of networks you are using.
        Cheers!!
        MCSE 2003,MCSA- Messaging 2003, VCP

Comment

Correct, you need to use custom list, and add 10.3.0.0/255.255.255.0 and 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0. Those should correct the issue

Comment

Thank you very much guys for your expertise!

I think that's pretty much solved the problem.Actually I can't test this now because I don't have admin access on that server(my boss sucks!!!!) but the solutions seems logic enough for the problem.Thanks again guys!

Comment

Working...
            X