Deny user use internet download manager

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deny user use internet download manager

I use windows 2003 enterprise sp2 for domain controller and I use router to share internet.

I use group policy to Restriction IDMan.exe. Yes it's successful deny user use this software but when user they into don't login to domain.They login user machine so they can use software internet download manager.

I want all user can use internet when they login to domain, if they login to user on machine they can't use internet.

Re: Deny user use internet download manager

Hello,
    Obvious you do not have ISA server in your enviroment. Installing an ISA server will do that for you.

Out of curiosity, can you ask your ISP provider to set that for you if possible?
    Best regards,
    Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Now I don't have ISA, I ever setup ISA but ISA can make network and Internet are very slow so i remove. How can I configure my system to deny use internet when they don't login to domain?

Comment

Hello,

I think you need a third party utility or set up a proxy server.
        I do not think there is any other option for you.
        Best regards,
        Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

My office use wireless and router share internet. So all computer connect to LAN can use internet. I use DHCP server on PC server to provide IP to client. How I use proxy server?

Comment

Originally posted by sam2k3 View Post
            They login user machine
            They are logging in locally and not having the gpo applied?
            Stopping them logging on locally is a possible solution? Remove their (access to) local accounts?
            I don't know anything about (you or your) computers.
            Research/test for yourself when listening to free advice.

Comment

Yes they login to local pc so GPO not apply and I can't stop they to login to local.

Comment

Well I do not think you have a solution for that.

By the way maybe you can create a GPO filling internet explorer with wrong proxy setting that way users will not be able to go online, and you can force these settings not to be changed.

Other than that, you should consider installing ISA.
                Best regards,
                Mostafa Itani

Comment

Take away their default gateway. That will stop them accessing the Net. Introduce a policy whee it is a sackable offence to bypass the restrictions.
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yeah you can take out the gateway provided that you donot have multiple subnets in your network, nor you are going to expand to that.

If multiple subnets is an option, no routing will occur if you take off the default route.
                    Best regards,
                    Mostafa Itani

Comment

I have only one subnet, You mean I change default gateway so client can't connect internet and share internet by proxy server?

Comment

Yeah, that way your clients will be able to access any local share and complete LAN resources, but they are not able to access internet or any other subnet if present.
                        Best regards,
                        Mostafa Itani

Comment

OK i will try to do, Thank you for all reply! But I never don't ISA how I configure Proxy server, or I use another software for Proxy server?
                          Last edited by sam2k3; 5th September 2007, 10:39.

Comment

Working...
                          X