No announcement yet.

Windows Server 2K3 user profile issue...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server 2K3 user profile issue...

Today I am noticing the strangest thing with regard to user profiles on a specific Windows Server 2003 running SQL.
    I am trying to delete my own user profile from this system. I log in as a resource account which has administrative privileges on the Server. In looking at the existing user profiles, the one representing my Domain user account appears in the list, shows as a size of around 70MB, but the "Delete" button is greyed out.
    I open a command prompt and run DELPROF /P and the utility iterates through all the user profiles except for the one I wish to delete.
    Would someone please enlighten me as to what is going on???
    Some additional info which may or may not be relevant: When I log in with my own Domain user account (has Domain Admin membership) which has administrative privileges on this Server, I get "unusual" behavior from the system: when I click the Start button, the application objects which usually appear in the left hand column are not displayed. If I right click on the My Computer object, a WS FTP Pro error message box pops up indicating the application was not installed correctly...I then click "Ok" and whatever applet I was trying to use then opens.
    Another example, if I go into Control Panel, my View used to be set to I am presented with the option to switch to Classic view, but when I click on the link to switch the view nothing happens! It will not revert to Classic view and remains in Category view. When I try to adjust my folder options settings, such as unhiding know file extension, displaying hidden files and folders etc., after I press "Apply" the settings are not preserved! In other words, I will set my options as I desire, and when I go back in to an Explorer window, it is as though I never changed the options...file extensions are not displayed, files and folders are hidden, etc.
    On the surface it would seem the Explorer shell is damaged but considering this is a production Server I am reluctant to fiddle with it.
    As I mentioned, this box is a Win2K3 Server SP2, with 16GB RAM.

Re: Windows Server 2K3 user profile issue...

You will need to restart the server for your profile to be fully unloaded so that you may delete it.
    Technology is only as good as those who use it

My tech blog -