Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antivirus Software

Hello.
    I have 20 PC's connected via LAN to cluster of 2 servers. I'm not using AD.
    another additional 20 PC's connected to cluster of 2 servers, but here I'm using AD (additional 2 servers).
    I want to install in each client PC NORTON antivirus, and I want to install updates every month. I want to install updates on the server, and I want that every client will receive and install updates automaticaly from the server.
    I know that I need to buy a SERVER antivirus version.
    But my question is: how to install it right? in the AD? or in the server? how to make clients update it from the server automaticaly?

P.S: all clients and all servers has no connection to Internet. Used network is closed...

Thank you

Re: Antivirus Software

You best of speaking to a Norton AntiVirus reseller to advise on the current software and then RTFM. It should advise on how to perform all the tasks you want to do.

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by demon-resident View Post
      Hello.
      I have 20 PC's connected via LAN to cluster of 2 servers. I'm not using AD.
      another additional 20 PC's connected to cluster of 2 servers, but here I'm using AD (additional 2 servers).
      I want to install in each client PC NORTON antivirus, and I want to install updates every month. I want to install updates on the server, and I want that every client will receive and install updates automaticaly from the server.
      I know that I need to buy a SERVER antivirus version.
      But my question is: how to install it right? in the AD? or in the server? how to make clients update it from the server automaticaly?

P.S: all clients and all servers has no connection to Internet. Used network is closed...

Thank you

You'll need updates more than monthly i'm afraid. We do ours twice daily.

Have you had a look at Sophos. It is for me one of the best AV solutions around.

http://www.sophos.com

I have used Norton Corporate in the past and it let through one major virus that resulted in me having to rebuild our entire site. 2 weeks that took me.

Comment

Generally speaking you're going to need some kind of centralized authentication in order to take advantage of server-based technologies (i.e. managed antivirus clients).

I would suppose that it would be possible to configure an identical account on each workstation that corresponds to the server that will allow you to configure the clients as children/subordinates of the server to a certain extent.

But I agree you're best off speaking with a reseller to determine which product best suits your requirements.

Comment

Working...
        X