How to assigh local admin rights to domain user

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to assigh local admin rights to domain user

I need help for assigning local admin right to domain user.

kindly reply me asap.

Re: How to assigh local admin rights to domain user

What OS do you want to grant the user local admin rights? If it's windows XP / 2000 then add them to the local administrators security group on the PC which is located within computer manager. Make sure you add their domain account.

** PS, if this is for WIndows XP then this should have been posted in the XP forum. I'll await your responce before moving **

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Use (or search this site) for "restricted groups" and how to roll them out via group policy

Tom
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Using the "restricted groups" GPO is best as per Tom's post, but you can also log onto the client workstation as an Administrator and run
        Code:
        net localgroup Administrators domain\user /add
        Best wishes,
        PaulH.
        MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Working...
        X