Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Digital My Book™ World Edition

Hello.
    I have 2 PC servers. SRV1 and SRV2. This are 2 Stand alone PC's with Windows 2003 SERVER insight, connected to LAN.
    Users have access to shared drives HD1 and HD2.
    This drives are very small capasity - 250 GB.
    I want to increase this capasity, and one of the ideas was to buy Western Digital My Book™ World Edition (1 TB).
    Is this a good idea?
    If it is, what is better to choose: Western Digital My Book™ World Edition, with LAN interface, or My Book™ Pro Edition with FireWire 400/800 Mb/s Interface?

Thank you.

Re: Western Digital My Book™ World Edition

IMHO, go for the firewire option as you will be able to share it across the LAN for the other server and, because it is locally attached, you will be able to apply NTFS permissions. I'm assuming your server has firewire already installed / configured?

AFAIK, most of the low end NAS devices rely on linux so do not support permissions properly

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Western Digital My Book™ World Edition

Is this idea to chose WD solution is good? May be there are other solution?

Comment

Working...
      X