User can't share folder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User can't share folder

I use windows 2003 server and have 10 computer client. I create user for login to computer client but when user login, user can't share folder. I try research about this problem but I can't. Please help.........

Re: User can't share folder

The only real information you have given us is "user can't share folder". You need to tell us a lot more. Are you using a domain or is this a user account in a local computer? What happens when a user tries to share a folder? What steps is the user taking to try sharing the folder? What groups is the user account a member of (either in the Domain, in the Computer, or both).

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Yes i use domain and user account is domain user. This user in Domain user Group.
      When i login to this account don't have Sharing page on Folder Properties so i can't share this folder. But when login Administrator account this page have.

Comment

What local groups is the user a member of?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Domain user is default group for all user in windows 2003, I don't assign this user to be member any group so this user is member of Domain user group only one.

Comment

You're missing the point of the question
            Domain Users is a DOMAIN group
            To share a folder on the LOCAL PC, the user must be a member of Administrators or Power Users on the local machine. If they are not (and by default, they are just users) they will have no share permissions

You will want to add domain users to the local power users group
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

yes i know about administrator group. But i assign this user to administrator so this user have full permission. Power user is group in machine and don't have in Active directory so how i assign this group to user in active directory.

Comment

You can:
                Add Domain Users as a member of the Power Users group on each PC

Use Restricted Groups in Group Policy to do the same for many PCs

Domain groups can be members of machine local groups without problems

Tom
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Thank you very much, now i can assign domain user to be member of Power user group in local PC and user can share folder but if i assign this user to be member of Power user in pc1 when this user login to another PC such as pc2 or pc3 this user have permission share folder or not?

Comment

No, they must be a power user on each PC they need to set up shares on.

Have a for restricted groups and see what you can find to set it up automatically

Tom
                    Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

Yes i will research by google about Restricted Group, Thank you for all post......

Comment

Working...
                      X