Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server name missing in my network place's browsing list

Hi, Dear All,

I have one windows 2003 server (standard), recently I can't find the server name from my network place browsing list from any workstations computer. Do you have any solution? Thanks.

Regards,
    Kenny

Re: Server name missing in my network place's browsing list

NetBios is used to gather the network browsing list.

Is this disabled on the server? (You can check this in the Network card properties under the WINS tab)

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hi, Michael,

Thanks for your reply. I had checked the server NetBIOS is enabled. This problem occurred after a new printer(via standard tcp/ip) had been configured on this server. I confirmed that computer browser service is running. After restarting this service, the users can see the server name in the browse list. But after awhile this problem occurred again.Do yo have any ideal? Thanks.

Regards,
      Kenny

Comment

Try looking at the following and and see if you have any luck:

http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X