No announcement yet.

Customize New User Object Wizard in "Active Directory Users and Computers" mmc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customize New User Object Wizard in "Active Directory Users and Computers" mmc

Is there a way to add user info fields to the standard AD new user object wizard? I would like admins to have fields like the users title to be in front of their face when adding new users so that my LDAP queries work.
    Thanks in advance for any info.
    Hindsight is 20/20 foresight is what matters

Re: Customize New User Object Wizard in "Active Directory Users and Computers" mmc

Adding new fields for user accounts is going to involve editing the schema and then possible some .dll's to ammend the GUI interface to show these fields. I Would avoid this if possible.

Probably easier to just ammend your queries, but if you really want to add the fields then check out the following:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../adschema.mspx

Hope it helps

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Customize New User Object Wizard in "Active Directory Users and Computers" mmc

Just so I am clear, I am just trying to have the simple add user wizard ask for a field or give the option to enter it at the time of user creation for a field that is already in the schema.
      Hindsight is 20/20 foresight is what matters

Comment

While not exactly what you want could you create seperate Templates for each of the values in the field?
        More of a work around then a solution.
        I don't know anything about (you or your) computers.
        Research/test for yourself when listening to free advice.

Comment

Working...
        X