X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote PC

To All,

Can anyone introduce to me to a remote pc software that allows me control a pc across another network thats behind a NAT? Eg.....Remote assistance i can only remote into a computer that part of the WAN...by computer name or IP, or IP w/port. Remote admin provides only has the same capability. i was thinking like remote desktop where you would put iport, so that which ever pc was behind the NAT with that port # would answer to the rdp request, the same goes with remote pc, but that would be tedious to set different remote pc ports on all pcs in the organization. Also, can someone inform what is used to control a pc with a RAS connection?....or will the RAS connection be too slow to support remote pc? Thanks

Re: Remote PC

Well, there are a lot of tools around... A simple search will give you a lot of ideas: http://www.google.co.il/search?hl=en...+control+tools
    Besides that, why is this in the server's section? Are you trying to control a PC or a server? And what OS are you talking about?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by SyntacticalError View Post
      To All,

Can anyone introduce to me to a remote pc software that allows me control a pc across another network thats behind a NAT? Eg.....Remote assistance i can only remote into a computer that part of the WAN...by computer name or IP, or IP w/port. Remote admin provides only has the same capability. i was thinking like remote desktop where you would put iport, so that which ever pc was behind the NAT with that port # would answer to the rdp request, the same goes with remote pc, but that would be tedious to set different remote pc ports on all pcs in the organization. Also, can someone inform what is used to control a pc with a RAS connection?....or will the RAS connection be too slow to support remote pc? Thanks
      crack the remote assistant file by a notepad and edit the internal ip address with the external ip address, beside making a port forward [static pat] on the router and everything will go fine

other tools will also require this step

Comment

I want to remote into 2003 and xp machines. The problem as i explained in my initial question is that the remote machine is within a private network. Yes, i can port forward to the appropriate machine by port number, but that means for the 260 pcs within the private network, i'll have to set different port # for rdp for each pc, and create port forward settings for each port on the router.........very tedious. Is there a way, is what i'm asking, to include the external and internal ip of the machine i'm trying to rd into? And, btw, i ask the question in the server section because i was sure there would be more experienced people here.....we'll see. Thanks

Comment

Just set up one PC as a zombie (do as above) and remote into the others from that one?
          I don't know anything about (you or your) computers.
          Research/test for yourself when listening to free advice.

Comment

yea that seems to be the fastest way.......i don't feel like reading a bunch of technobabble. If i had vpn i would just be part of the lan and could remote into any....plus its more secure than rdp, but no vpn nor ras. thanks all

Comment

Who ever posted a negative reputation on me should first read the thread before trying to be a Taoist...HA! If you actually read the thread you would know that i agreed with the solution a poster made and therefore, was saying i didn't want to read technobabble (from the web in order to gain another solution). Next, yea i was sarcastic, but i was answering someone's question of...why i posted this question in a Server section?......i wanted more experienced people to help me since i've EXPERIENCED that in the client OS section my questions take longer to get a reply or i do not get a reply at all. So there u go BUDDY......haha is that insulting u???

Comment

why i posted this question in a Server section?......i wanted more experienced people to help me since i've EXPERIENCED that in the client OS section my questions take longer to get a reply or i do not get a reply at all.
                SyntacticalError:
                Please read and follow the forum rules about where to post things. If the other mods and admins start to think you are posting where you get the "fastest response" you will find a lot of grief heading your way.

In this case, you want a solution for 2003 and XP so the server forum is justified.

In answer to your question, my preferred way is:
                1) Set up RDP to one server (open port 3389 to that local IP)
                2) Use RDP to connect from outside to the server
                3a) Use RDP from the server to connect locally to the clients
                3b) If desktop sharing is needed, set up VNC server on each client then VNC client on the server you are RDPed into

It is slow, but workable

Tom
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thread Closed!

Michael
                  Michael Armstrong
                  www.m80arm.co.uk
                  MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Who ever posted a negative reputation on me should first read the thread before trying to be a Taoist...HA! If you actually read the thread you would know that i agreed with the solution a poster made and therefore, was saying i didn't want to read technobabble (from the web in order to gain another solution). Next, yea i was sarcastic, but i was answering someone's question of...why i posted this question in a Server section?......i wanted more experienced people to help me since i've EXPERIENCED that in the client OS section my questions take longer to get a reply or i do not get a reply at all. So there u go BUDDY......haha is that insulting u???
                    Well it is insulting enough for me. We don't need that crap here.

Have a 2 week break for the above comment and for trying to manipulate the posting rules.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                    X