Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Exchange 2000 w/ Outlook 2003

First time poster, long time reader:

I need help guys. We recently changed from running Exchange 2000 and office 2000 to Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2003

Problem is, every time you log onto a new workstation, and Windows creates your profile, the settings for outlook aren't automatically configured when you open outlook.

When we were running outlook 2000, the settings would automatically configure itself everytime you logged onto a new workstation.

Could someone please clue me in? It would be a blessing to get this working.

Thank you and god bless.

Re: Running Exchange 2000 w/ Outlook 2003

my settings I mean server name, user name etc.

Is this info pulled from AD, gpo, exchange server?

Comment

If your roaming profiles are not working, or if you don't have them, you can use Richprofile which can be downloaded from here and you can try it out for free.

In a logon script, run
      Code:
      richprofile.exe servername username username Y D
      Richprofile will setup the Mailbox every time anyone logs in from any workstation, provided the logon script runs at logon. It's quick, and will delete any existing mailbox so to the user, they get a nicely "working" outlook straight away.
      Best wishes,
      PaulH.
      MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

They won't get pulled though unless you have configured Outlook to use certain settings.

For that you need to use the Office Resource Kit.

Comment

Oh. I use it on standard, basic sbs installations and it works fine without resorting to the kit you mention. Perhaps there is more than one version out there? Anyway, I find it an easy and useful tool that makes it like a zero-config environment.

Best wishes,
          Best wishes,
          PaulH.
          MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Originally posted by PaulH View Post
            Oh. I use it on standard, basic sbs installations and it works fine without resorting to the kit you mention. Perhaps there is more than one version out there? Anyway, I find it an easy and useful tool that makes it like a zero-config environment.

Best wishes,
            You can do it either way.

I don't use richprofile in the logon script.

We do however image our machines and we set this up using the resource kit.

Comment

Working...
            X