Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virus disable the Some Important Windows tool in Windows server 2003

Well i have windows server 2003 that actintg as a database server ,
    Now today I wanted to update that database so and the new database was in my removable drive (external hard drive)
    So I inserted my external hard drive and copy the database and updated the database from the ms sql .

So after removing my external hard drive i saw that my task manager was disabled , my folder option was disabled , I don't no how ?

except this my system is working fine .

then I check the gpedit.msc but it was also showing not configured ,
    Then scan the hard drive with Trend micro anti virus but it was also showing no virus found.
    My trend micro antivirus is also updated,

So any body have idea about this whether this is virus or not ?
    may be my antivirus server could not catch this virus ?

so any body have idea how to enable following items like task manager and folder option etc.............

or whether this is virus so how to remove this virus pl because this is my live server

Re: Virus disable the Some Important Windows tool in Windows server 2003

This for the information
    I have found the virus , This virus disables some windows server and also windows xp's important tools like
    (taskmanager, command prompt, registry and folder option) even you can not edit the registry. it gives you the message " this is disable by your system admin"
    and the virus is W32/Hakaglan it is not harm ful virus but just disables some windows important tools.

Anti virus Mckafee does found this virus and also delete this virus files but the infection of the virus you can not remove it.

only manually you can remove this virus and for that you must see the which servces are running on your system and unnecessary and unknow service you must kill that service. and from that unknown service you have to remove that exe files that are created in Windows/System32 and some important running programme from the registry in current user you must remove it.

then only you can remove this virus.

Comment

Re: Virus disable the Some Important Windows tool in Windows server 2003

bloody trend again...

Thanks for posting back with you're findings so far!
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands
      http://www.phetios.com
      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
      X