Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password Policies grayed out so I can't change them

Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea why my password policies might be grayed out so I can't change them? I just set up this Dell PowerEdge 840 server with Windows 2003 server R2 and it's currently set up as a Domain Controller and a DNS server. That's all I've done with it so far. I'm so confused!

Re: Password Policies grayed out so I can't change them

Which policy, Local or Domain?

Are there other DCs?

Usually you'll see this when you're attempting to change the domain policy from a non-DC server. It's disabled because the default tools allow for only one password policy per domain.

How about a screenshot?
    Last edited by ahinson; 3rd August 2007, 02:02.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Good question! Well, it looks like it's the local computer policy. I was actually looking for the domain policy. Guess I'll have to browse a bit more for that. Brother!

No there are no other DCs. I'm trying to convert from a peer-to-peer network to a client/server network and am using this particular PC that this message got posted from as a guinea pig. It has access to the internet, but now the DC doesn't since I changed it to a DC.

Screenshot is attached in a .jpg format.

Thanks for any help you can give in finding the domain policy! The help instructions tell me to go to the Active Directory and Users, then Domain, then organizational unit, then child organizational unit. Then I'm supposed to click Properties and then click the group policy tab. Problem is, there's no group policy tab!

Cheers!
      bbsamazon
      Attached Files

Comment

Whoo hoo! I figured it out! Thanks for the help anyway - the question regarding local or domain policy really helped point me in the right direction.

Cheers!

Comment

Cool I'm glad you figured it out on your own. You learn more that way, vs someone just giving you the answer.
          Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X