Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resize the Partition in Windows Server 2003

Dear all

I have windows server 2003 Operating system .
    I my currnet server I have 4 Partition that is: ( C(10GB System) ,D(30 GB Database) , E(30GB Backup), F(30GB Backup) G is CD Drive and other is Unpartition space.
    I have some unpartition space but I want to increase the size of Partition D.
    How it is possible ,
    For your information I have partition magic 8 but it is not working in Windows server 2003,
    I have Acronis Partition Expert 2003 but it is demo version ,
    I also paragon partition manager that is also demo version,

so How can i do it .
    pl give me idea, If any body have acronis partition full version pl send me the link so i can download from there.

jogen

Re: Resize the Partition in Windows Server 2003

no need to use 3rd party tools.

How to use Diskpart.exe to extend a data volume in Windows Server 2003
    Best wishes,
    PaulH.
    MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Is it a basic disk or dynamic disk, if its dynamic you can right click on the disk and choose extend , select the free space.

if the volume is basic disk you can try extending the space using diskpart command

Comment

Actually I have configured as a Basic Disk and I have configured hardware base RAID.

I can not use Diskpart.exe.
        Because
        If you want to use diskpart.exe command you shoud have immediate free disk space(Unallocated space) after the partition that you have to resize.
        AND
        I don't have immediate free space(Unallocated Space) after the partition (The partition that i want to resize)

jogen

Comment

Working...
        X