ADprep Errors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADprep Errors

So i went to run ADprep /forestprep on my PDC that has 2k on it and it kicked out the following error.

Adprep was unable to extend the schema.
    [Status/Consequence]
    There is a schema conflict with Exchange 2000. The schema is not upgraded.
    [User Action]
    The schema conflict must be resolved before running adprep. Resolve the schema c
    conflict, allow the change to replicate between all replication partners, and the
    n run Adprep. For information on resolving the conflict, see Microsoft Knowledge
    Base article Q325379.

I don't have Exchange 2000 in this enviroment. I do have 5.5 though but in reading i didn't need to prepare anything for the domain upgrade if i had 5.5.

Maybe i am wrong but i have sure been reading for about 2 weeks on this upgrade.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: ADprep Errors

Do i need to run adprep to introduce a 2k3 DC into the 2000 domain? I will be implementing exchange 2003

Comment

Originally posted by derk View Post
      Do i need to run adprep to introduce a 2k3 DC into the 2000 domain? I will be implementing exchange 2003
      Yes, you need to ADPrep from the Windows Server 2003 disk FIRST. Then you can either run the Exchange 2003 Schema Extensions or you can introduce your 2k3 DC.

I don't know about the Schema Conflict though - have you read the article that the error message suggests?

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Well i don't have exchange 2000 in my environment. I only have 5.5. So why would it be telling me that i have exchange 2000 in my environment.

Comment

Well i looked on the domain controller in add remove programs and it has exchange 2000. I went to uninstall it and it didn't give me the option. it only gave me the upgrade option. the ADC is also installed on this serve but when i looked at the ADC it has nothing in there for connections. None of my other servers have ADC on them. How would 5.5 be talking to AD?

Comment

Why wouldn't you upgrade to exchange 2003/2007 first?
            AFAIK exchange 5.5 is end of support
            Marcel
            Technical Consultant
            Netherlands
            http://www.phetios.com
            http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I am trying to upgrade my domain so i can install 2003 DC in it and then upgrade E2K3. But ADprep is throwing me an error because E2k is installed on the 2k DC. Do i need to upgrade the ADC to 2003 and then i will be able to run ADPREP for the domain? I am unable to remove E2k from the DC.

Comment

Is this an SBS 2000 server? I can't understand why it won't let you remove Exchange.

Tom
                For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

No this is Windows Server 2K

Comment

Working...
                  X