Disable button in NIC Properties

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable button in NIC Properties

Is there any way to disable(gray out) the "DISABLE" radio button in NIC Status/Properties while RDP'ing to a server although you log in as Admin?
    Thanks

Re: Disable button in NIC Properties

People who would accidentally or maliciously disable network cards should not be logging in as "admin". Grant another (lesser) group the rights to log in to the box but don't give them admin rights...

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

So it means that there is no way to Disable it, even with a Registry Key ! Am I right?

Comment

This isn't where you're searching for?
        User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > Network Connections
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Originally posted by samdazz View Post
          So it means that there is no way to Disable it, even with a Registry Key ! Am I right?
          No, I'm saying that I would not look for such a complex solution, and instead stop them being "Admins".

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
          X