X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ntfs

Dear Forums,

Could somebody help with this issues?

{Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file . The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

thank you,

JAFG

Re: Ntfs

A couple of clues, please...?
    What are you doing?
    Copying from one PC to another or backing up or saving or what?
    What operating systems / application software?
    What network environment?
    Does it get part way through an operation and then error?

As a guess, you either do not have suitable permissions or enough space on the target computer, but without more details, it is not possible to be sure!

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hello, Ossian,

The endusers are trying to save data from the workstation to the server, we are using Windows 2003 server with the AD full implemented... and the permission are set to those folders... i have setup the quota to each users with 2.5 Gb. but the % used is 0 and 10...

thank you in advanced...

JAFG

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian
        A couple of clues, please...?
        It is a code Tom and I have deciphered it. I can't tell you in this Public Forum what the decoded translation actually says but you are a smart man, you'll know.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

they haven't, by any chance, used a usb drive in the recent past have they?

Comment

"Delayed write failed", from bitter experience, usually refers to a failed or failing hard disk which the computer is unable to save to. It means you should immediately back everything up and investigate.

If the server is using SAN attached storage, it could mean that your fibre channels are not working properly or have lost connection to the SAN and you should switch to your second tier storage solution before again investigating the issue.

If the server is using locally attached (SCSI or IDE) storage then you should look at the connectors and/or adapter cards.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
            X