X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO ADD CLIENT IN SUS in server 2003

hi,

HOw add client in SUS in server 2003 to send update from the server

I can able to see only the server, in SUS Screen left side there is option called CREATE A COMPUTER GROUP

I have created new group but how can I add the client in that.

Kindly sugguest

Prasad.
    Best Regards,
    Prasad

Re: HOW TO ADD CLIENT IN SUS in server 2003

Is it a domain?
    if so, create a group policy to direct the clients to your SUS server -- they will then appear in the list of computers and can be added to the group

If its not a domain environment, you will need to hack the registry on the clients to add the SUS server as their update source

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Me thinks the OP has made a typo and mean WSUS and not SUS. trprasad78 please confirm what you are running and if it is SUS, remember support ends for it at the, mmmm, will have to look it up as I believe the deadline was changed from Dec last year to July this year but I isn't sure now. ANyway, SUS support ends soon if it already hasn't. Look at upgrading to WSUS 3.0 BUT before you do, make sure your WSUS server can handle the spec required.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

if it is WSUS (2.x or 3.x), and you are NOT in a domain environment, it can be done through local Group Policy on each computer.

Computer Config-Administrative Templates-Windows Components-Windows Update

Enable Configure Automatic Updates
        Specify intranet Microsoft Update service location - set the address of the server

Comment

Thanks for your reply

we tried in SUS .... currently we enabled wsus version 3 now working fine.
          Best Regards,
          Prasad

Comment

Working...
          X