Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i Add same computer name twice in AD

HI Petri,

i am facing a problem which i need your support and the rest of the guys too. so what is the scenario is the following:

i have Citrix Server which is installed and working normal and of course there is a lisence for 50 users.

so what i was thinking i want to make another citrix server but the problem is when i want to upload the lisence on the second server the computer name must be the same and there i am having a problem in active directory with 2 computer name.

is there any solution to name to server same Computer name?

if yes my problem will be solved.

Re: Can i Add same computer name twice in AD

I take it the first citrix server is your license server

Best thing to do is to have a seperate license server for your farm and then you can build as many citrix servers are you require.

Having the license server installed on the same box as the citrix server is fine for farsm with only one server.

Hope this helps

Michael

** EDIT - To actually answer your question, no, you cannot have two AD objects with the same name **
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hello Micheal

Thanks for the support, but the thing is that how can i use the same Citrix Lisence on other Server without making any conflict? i cannot purchase Citrix license again because it is too coastly can we find away to use the same license on other server without effecting the other Citrix server.

Please please can you give me details how to implement this task?

Thank YOU

Comment

Originally posted by sarkisss View Post
        Hello Micheal

Thanks for the support, but the thing is that how can i use the same Citrix Lisence on other Server without making any conflict? i cannot purchase Citrix license again because it is too coastly can we find away to use the same license on other server without effecting the other Citrix server.

Please please can you give me details how to implement this task?

Thank YOU
        Are you going to decommision the server??

If not then you run into licensing issues i'm afraid.

Comment

1. Build a new w2k3 server called "citrixlicense" or something like that.
          2. Install citrix license server from the citrix CD's
          3. Return your .lic file from the other server back to mycitrix.com which If i remember should allow add your licenses back to mycitrix.com and then allow you to withdraw them again and this type type the name of your new license server. (Cant remember if this is the correct procedure - If not then contact your citrix reseller and they should be able to advise)
          4. Import the .lic file into the new license server
          5. Point your old citrix server to use the new server as it's license server
          6. Build new server and point to license server as it's license server

Hope this helps

Michael
          Michael Armstrong
          www.m80arm.co.uk
          MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hello Micheal / wullieb1

Big Big Thanks For the support i will check the steps and try to solve the problem if it works.

Thanks again guys.

Comment

Working...
            X