No announcement yet.

New SBS2k3 machine

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SBS2k3 machine

If I build offline a new Sbs2k3 machine with identical setting of the existing one,is there any way to import from a backup only the part of AD related to users, computers and SIDs ?
    Swing and ADMT methods are too complicate and not 100% safe(and anyway you have to manually transfer a lot of things) so having possibiliy to build offline the new machine not in hurry the only thing I would like to avoid is removing users and computers from the old domain and rejoining them.

Re: New SBS2k3 machine

You should of posted in the SBS section

Duh! Dude, double posting is not allowed around here. You should decide quick if you leave this post or the other one ( and delete one of them.
      And, please! Read the forum rules. People get unwanted vacations for not following them.

Added: I see now that you followed Pulsen's advice and posted the same question over there... This is not how it is done. One of the Administrators/Moderators could have moved the thread for you to the right forum, should you have asked. Anyway, you have to delete this thread...
      Last edited by sorinso; 9th July 2007, 05:52. Reason: Checked time stamps...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

We'll leave this here for a couple of days so guidoelia can see the way it sould be done and then it will be removed.

Thanks Sorin & Pulsen.
        Departed: 23rd December 2015