No announcement yet.

OLE Action issue - Hyperlinks in Excel

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLE Action issue - Hyperlinks in Excel

I experience recurring problem with hanging MS Excel application indicating that it is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action.

"Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action"

I determine that it occurs in situation when trying to open a hyperlink from excel in IE Web Browser.
    This hyperlink leads to a web application on a remote machine and after it has been activated Excel shows the message above and then freezes. Every hyperlink from any other excel on that machine leading to this web application ends up with this error. Such state lasts for a couple of hours in which Excel application hangs and cannot be closed other that with task manager (apparently after some time application does complete an OLE action because links from excel can be activated again, until another OLE Action shows up).

The most frustrating thing is that this error doesn’t occur always in such circumstances.
    The server on which the problem can be found is a Windows 2003 Terminal Server which support about 20 users
    at the time with many of them summoning very similar addresses from their excels. My guess is that it may
    have to do something with simultaneously executing queries about pages in web browsers from excel in a remote connection.
    If you have any slightest ideas of how can I get rid of such problems I would be delighted to hear them.
    Thank You in advance.
    Last edited by Heli0sphan; 10th July 2007, 15:39.