SFTP Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFTP Server

I have configured FTP on IIS (win server 2003), what are my option to make this SFTP server, I know IIS does not support SFTP but do I have anyother option. I am also ready to change my Operation system to Linux or ?? as long as they support SFTP.

Re: SFTP Server

You could check out the followin:

http://digitalmediaminute.com/articl...ver-on-windows

but TBH i could rather stick with a linux host if your comfortable using it.

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

what linux host I should go with ( I have never installed Linux before so I am not sure what flavor of linux to install). If I install linux than I dont have to worry about ssh as ssh is built into linux, right?

How easy it to configure sftp server on linux?
      can I also host website on the same server?

Thanks

Comment

Are you a LINUX / UNIX capable shop? Don't get me wrong, I really like both BUT in a production environment, you need to stick with your strengths.

Just a quick Google on:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ws+sftp+server

And there must be a reliable SFTP server for Windows.

I do have extensive experience w/ BitVise Tunnelier as an SFTP client (first rate product) so I'd look at them first for an SFTP server.

No connection to that outfit other than I happily use their software.

I'm certain others are just as good so do look around.
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

we are windows shop, dont use linux or unix but to make sftp work I need to go with linux (if I can configure one)

Thanks for your help

Comment

No need to go LINUX on this one. Do look at Michael's post and an Open Source solution. I tend to find you sometimes get what you pay for (sometimes not so the BitVise stuff:

http://www.bitvise.com/winsshd-for-sftp

or ???
            Cheers,

Rick

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

is bitvise free and is it easy to configure? I tried openssh but did not work for me.
              where is michael's post?

Comment

Second post down from the top, the one under yours, the one signed Michael, the one you should have already read.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X