No announcement yet.

Windows 2003 IIS Problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 IIS Problem

I have a web server running windows 2000 server, I also have a ODBC connection running for the access database, so when use access my website and is type the name of person is will lookup the phone number for them. I setup and new windows 2003 ent server, I copy all file in wwwroot over the 2003 box, recreate the ODBC connection point the the access db. everything look the same. all my web page working fine, the only problem I have is when I access to the access db, I got error 500 internal server problem, I have check all the permission for all folder and iss root all look good. the only different I see that the 2003 ODBC driver is the new version the 2000, I wonder that make a different. anyone have this same problem can point me to the right direction.
    THank you
    error below

here is my website
    then click staff phone and email address

The website cannot display the page
    HTTP 500
    Most likely causes:
    The website is under maintenance.
    The website has a programming error.

What you can try:
    Refresh the page.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

Re: Windows 2003 IIS Problem

When I try I get to the webpage and when I search for a random name I get the following:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0131'

Disallowed Parent Path

/phoneEmail/viewPhoneEmail.asp, line 2

The Include file '../Connections/conPhoneEmail.asp' cannot contain '..' to indicate the parent directory.
    I'm no script monkey so maybe someone else can chip in

Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Windows 2003 IIS Problem

Have you tried including the full file path vs. the relative ".."?

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.